It is not an easy task to called the God of Cricket. Sachin Tendulkar, the Master Blaster, has played the game at the international level for almost 25 years, the most by any cricketer. The runs and centuries he has scored for his team are still an uphill task for modern-day greats.
Even for Virat Kohli, it will not be an easy route to end at what Sachin finished with. The current Indian captain will have to be at the top of his game in the upcoming years to match what the little master has done in his career. For instance, look at our prediction on “how many international centuries will Virat Kohli end up with“. It is going to be an exciting wait to see whether Virat will break Sachin’s unbreakable feats.
This article will discuss on how many runs Sachin Tendulkar has scored every year in his ODI and Test cricket career.
Sachin Tendulkar – Test Batting Stats Year by Year
- Sachin has six double centuries in his 329 Test innings. He is only next to Virat Kohli, who has seven, and Virender Sehwag, who also has six 200s in Tests. Find here the country-wise double-hundred stats in Test cricket.
- 2010 was Sachin’s best year in his Test career when he scored 1562 runs, including 7 Test centuries.
- The former Indian superstar has 6 1000+ calendar year runs in Test cricket, which is the best by any batsmen.
- I would call the years from 1996 to 2004 the best phase of Sachin in the longest format. He scored almost half of his total runs within these years, averaging around 60. Also, 4 of his ‘1000+ runs’ calendar years came during this period.
- He is also the only cricketer ever to play 200 Test matches. Infact, only 9 players in the game of cricket have so far played more than 150 Tests.
Sachin Tendulkar – ODI Batting Stats Year by Year
- Sachin scored his first ODI century in the year 1994. Since then, till 2012 (his last year in ODI), he never missed a calendar year without scoring a single century in the format.
- Sachin also holds the record for Most centuries as an ODI opener. You can find here the list of batsmen with most centuries in each batting position.
- 1998 is the best year for Sachin in the limited-overs format, in which he scored 9 centuries and 7 half-centuries. The record for most centuries in a calendar year in ODI and across all formats still stands with Sachin.
- His aggregate of 1894 is still the highest by any batsman in ODI in a calendar year.
- He is the first double centurion in the ODI format and part of the top 5 batsmen with the most 150+ ODI scores.